Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
CBP GSE Mechanic: Albuquerque, NM
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Responsible for all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance of assigned support equipment to the level of in your sites capability; recording the daily mileage and hourly inspections on vehicles; daily maintenance, troubleshooting and fault isolation of assigned equipment.
- Reports to the Site Manager or appropriate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on assigned support equipment.
- Conducts off-station maintenance of equipment as may be required during deployments.
- Wash, clean and maintain the interior and exterior of equipment to Company standards.
- Maintain maintenance log books and records on equipment.
- May be required to obtain a security clearance and passport for travel to other locations in support of deployments.
- Order required parts and materials from the supply system and advises Logistics Supervisor of inventory requirements.
- Maintains underground and above ground fuel tanks as required.
- Maintains fueling transportation vehicles as required.
- Maintains applicable records concerning fuel tank requirements.
- Operate and maintain special test equipment and tools; including monitoring calibration requirements.
- Support the FOD Program and maintain a clean and orderly work area in the shop and on the flight line.
- May be required to travel occasionally to support mission requirements
- Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONSPhysical Demands:
- Four (4) years of recent experience working on diesel and gasoline generators and support equipment vehicles.
- Completion of a certified course on diesel or auto maintenance is desired. (Military or Votech accepted)
- The mental and visual ability to read, understand and interpret detailed technical publications and instructions.
- Must have the ability to deal courteously, professionally, and effectively with the customer.
- Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and government security clearance to support field operations.
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a office/hangar/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office/hangar/flight line activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Security Clearance *
- Hazardous Communication / MSDS
- CPR/Bloodborne Pathogen
- Driver License-Requires (CDL)
- Support Equipment License
- Hazardous Material Handling
- Corrosion Control
- Aircraft Ground Handling
- Tool Inventory
- Daily Inspection #
- Foreign Object Damage (FOD) Prevention
- Freon Servicing
- Electro Static Discharge
- Fork Lift
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Welder #
* AS REQUIRED
# ONLY FOR GSE NOT AIRCRAFT
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement