Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit.Job Description
This role is within the Chromalloy New York Engineering Organization. This role will support development and productionization of repair procedures for high-pressure turbine airfoils and duct segments.
The Repair NPI Engineer will be responsible for reviewing engine manuals, identifying and developing repair procedures, implementing repair procedures on strategic engine platform airfoil hardware programs. He/she will report regularly on project updates, lead or participate in technical meetings, communicate with various organizations including ECoE, Repair Operations, Quality, Customer Support, in a matrix structure.
Must be willing to work out of an office location in Orangeburg, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities regularly performed in this role include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and standardize processes and parameters in the assigned special process area. Special processes include one or more of the following: thermal spray (APS, LPPS), EBPVD, diffusion coatings (VPA, pack cementation), precious metal plating, heat treatment, chemical cleaning and stripping.
* Ensure that processes meet quality requirements and operational objectives.
* Publish technical reports, assist in development of work instructions, operator training material on special process procedures in the assigned technical area.
* Lead problem solving teams and conduct RCCAs on equipment and process related issues addressing manufacturing challenges.
* Assist in equipment and process troubleshooting.
* Challenge the status quo. Recommend and initiate changes in the present processes and/or equipment to improve safety, quality, productivity.
* Support new program launches and acceptance of new processes. Monitor daily quality and productivity results, react to problems as they occur.
* Participate in and lead design reviews with product engineers and repair development engineers.
* Train less experienced team members.Qualifications
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering preferred. Other disciplines from an accredited university or college also considered.
* 7 years or more experience in design, manufacturing, or repair engineering
* Experience in the aerospace industry is preferred.
* Detailed knowledge of gas turbine manufacturing and repair processes is preferred.
Critical Success Factors for This Role
* Strong technical and effective communication in English, both written and verbal, are essential for success in this role.
* Adherence to safety standards and processes
* Strives to understand the business impact of internal projects/decisions; seeks guidance from experts and other functions when making decisions of potentially high impact.
* Takes ownership of commitments and consistently drives to meet objectives.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems
* Project management skills
* Ability to effectively work individually or with a teamAdditional Information
COVID Vaccination Policy:
This site is a federal contractor. As such, this site must comply with requirements of Executive Order 14042 issued on September 9, 2021. If you apply for this position, you are acknowledging that as a condition of employment you (1) are vaccinated or (2) will agree to become vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on religion and demonstrated disabilities.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.