Position Title: Supply Chain Associate
Location of Position: United States - Wisconsin - Sturgeon Bay
Business Group: Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding
Position Type: Full-Time; Permanent; Non-Exempt
Reports To: Supply Chain Department Manager
Position Summary: This position is responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard, and keeping records and compiling stock reports at our vast, 63-acre facility.
- Follows directions under intermittent supervision.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, etc.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer technology.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Manage customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active listening.
- Attention to detail.
- Troubleshoot problems with all equipment as it arises.
- Proper storage of equipment.
- Diagnose and solve problems of all kinds.
- May be assigned miscellaneous tasks outside craft as required.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
- Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety Policies.
- Abide by all organizational policies and procedures.
Physical Job Demands:
- Approximately once a month distribute tools by lifting up to 70lbs from 50", carrying 15' and placing at 40".
- Approximately five times a day distribute tools by lifting 20lbs from 50", carrying 40', and placing 42".
- Approximately five times a day distribute tools by lifting less than 3lbs from 72", carrying 40', and placing 42".
- Approximately once a week distribute 40lbs of hydraulic oil from a 5 gallon pail into a one gallon pail by lifting 40lbs and pouring.
- Occasionally lift 46lb chain jacks from the floor and place in vice at 44" then carry 10' and place in load tester at 51".
- Approximately 10 times a day rebuild small tools by manipulating small parts and using 10lbs of grip / pinch force.
- Once a day unload supplies from truck by lifting 75lbs from 32" and lowering onto an 18" cart, then pushing with 15lbs of force 20'.
- Approximately five times a day unload supplies from truck by lifting 25lbs from truck to an 18" cart, pushing cart with 15lbs of force, and placing items on 37" table.
- Approximately ten times a day stock shelves with parts by lifting 25lbs from a 35" cart and placing on shelving from floor to 40".
- Approximately ten times a day stock shelves with small parts by lifting up to 3lbs from a 35" cart and placing on shelving up to 72".
- Approximately five times a day cut gaskets by climbing a flight of 20 stairs and utilizing template to trace gasket, using utility knife cut gasket, using a 3lb hammer and hole press cut holes at 42".
- Occasionally move pallets of product by pushing a pallet jack with a load with up to 71lbs of force 5', then pulling with 82lbs of force 5'.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Optimizes Work Processes (Quality & Continuous Improvement) - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding (FBS) is located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. With roots dating back to 1918, we currently exist as an industry leader in new construction, repair, and major conversions. The FBS portfolio includes articulated tug-barge units, OPA 90-compliant vessels, dredges and dredging support equipment, and offshore supply vessels along with specializing in Great Lakes self-unloading vessels. We strive to be the shipbuilder of choice in safety, quality, value and dependability by offering innovative and competitive maritime solutions tailored to our customers' needs. Our mission is to build, repair and sustain maritime vessels that proudly supply, service and defend our nation and the world.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We promote a Drug Free Work Environment and require pre-employment drug testing as well as mandatory random drug testing.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Human Resources Department at .
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Human Resources Department at Bayshipbuilding-HR@us.fincantieri.com. We promote a Drug Free Work Environment and require pre-employment drug testing as well as mandatory random drug testing.